The Services are hosted and operated in the United States. If you use the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that the information you provide to us is transmitted to, processed, and stored in the United States. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD TO ACCESS THE SERVICES AND USE OUR SERVICES. If you are under eighteen (18) years old, you are not permitted to use any part of the Services for any reason.
Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect and/or process the following types of data:
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier. We collect Personal Data that you provide to us on the Application when you register for an account (as defined below) on our Application; fill out forms on our Application, Website and/or social media; make a purchase; contact us via phone, email, postal mail, or other means; or respond to our communications to you (e.g., surveys, requests for feedback). This may include your first and last name, email address, and your city, state, and country of residence. In the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Personal Data includes an identification number, location information, and/or an online identifier, such as your username and geolocation information.
“Non-Personal Data” does not identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Services. We collect Non-Personal Data that may include information about your use of the Services, including but not limited to, Internet connection information, computer equipment information, web browser specifications, websites visited before accessing our Services, websites visited after leaving our Services, other similar information about traffic and usage as you navigate to, through, and away from our Services, chat interactions on the Services (including text exchanged during the interactions), items purchased, purchase histories, information you post or otherwise submit to the Services, or emails you send to us.
Personal Data and Non-Personal Data are collectively referenced as “Data.”
You may be given the option to receive push notifications while using our Services. In order to serve push notifications, we may need to collect your IP address and a persistent identifier from your device. You can turn off push notifications in your device settings.
You may choose to allow us to access your location by granting the Services access to your location when prompted or through your device’s location services settings. You may change these settings on your device, but this will impact your use of and access to the Services.
Third-Party Social Networking Service(s)
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Site, we may receive your Personal Data and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Site is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services.
You may choose to post, upload, or otherwise transmit to the Services content in the form of comments, and these comments may contain Personal Data. Be advised that all comments, including any Data contained within them, are available to public view and can be seen, read, collected, and used by others. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of Personal Data that you choose to submit through the comment functions of our Services, and we have no obligation to monitor, publish, remove, or redact any comments you post to the Services.
Use of Information
For Legitimate Interests. We use Non-Personal Data collected by clickstream information collection, web pixels, and cookies to store your preferences, improve navigation on the Site and Application, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Services, and otherwise help administer and improve the Services.
We may identify you from your Personal Data and merge or co-mingle Personal Data and Non-Personal Data. Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Data. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Services, we will use that Personal Data to respond to your inquiry; or if you purchase a Convey Pro CME podcast, we will use that Personal Data to create and maintain a CME log for you and process the transaction.
- Send and process surveys and CME quizzes and to report completion of CME or specialty board certification requirements.
- To establish and secure accounts to use the Services, check on your account status, and to validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services, including without limitation, to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, improve, evaluate, operate, protect, make informed decisions about, and report on the performance of our Services.
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you, where you have not expressed a preference otherwise, and to send you information and updates about the Services.
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Data.
If you are a user accessing our Services from within the EEA and we have collected your Personal Data (such user herein referred to as a “Data Subject”) and we have obtained your consent, we may also use your Data in the following ways; and, if you are a citizen of any other jurisdiction, you acknowledge that we may use your information in the following ways:
- to share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries, other affiliated entities, and associated entities;
- to send e-mail and postal mail to provide you with updates and news;
- to process any request you make; and
- to process the commercial transaction for which you provided Information.
In addition, we use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “Update your preferences” link in our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
How We Share Information
We will not sell or rent your Personal Data to third-parties. We may store portions of your Data in locations outside of the direct control of Convey Pro (e.g., on servers or databases co-located with service providers). We may share your Data with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable information privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
Third-Party Service Providers
We use third-party service providers to help us operate our Services, who may collect, store, and/or process the information detailed herein. We allow access to our Services and databases by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance, market research, shopping functionality, and ads functionality, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services.
If you choose to purchase products and/or services on or through features on the Services, we may forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification. There are also times when you provide information about yourself to us in areas of the Services that may be managed or participated in by third parties. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party, each pursuant to its own policies.
We use the following third-party service providers:
- 12 South Marketing, which we use to provide marketing services and website development;
- Lokion, which we use to develop software for the Convey Application;
- Mindfire, which we use for Application testing and software development;
- GS Labs, which we use for Application testing and software development; and
- Hubspot, which we use for Customer Relationship Management services.
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Data that you provide to us, including: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypted connections (HTTPS), encryption of user information and other sensitive data stored in the database, server authentication, and secure cloud-based Azure environments with industry-standard firewalls and other protections.
It is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Data, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or Services or otherwise provided to us, and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Service(s). Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account, loss of your account credentials, or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via email at email@example.com. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach to the extent required under applicable law.
Rights to Your Personal Data
You may change, edit, update, or delete the information that you provided when you set up your account through our Service(s) through your account settings. You may also request the deletion of this information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you access our Services from certain jurisdictions, such as the EEA, you may have additional rights and options with regard to accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating your Personal Data, as well as how we use and disclose your Personal Data.
As a Data Subject, you have the right to request access to your Personal Data as it exists in our records by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You also have the right to rectification, correction, or amendment of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also have the right to erasure of your Personal Data; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements, and exceptions may apply.
A Data Subject may have the right to object to the processing of his or her Personal Data, for example, due to his or her particular situation, for direct marketing uses, or for scientific or historical research. In certain circumstances, Data Subjects may have the right to obtain a restriction on our processing of their Personal Data, in which case such Personal Data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the Data Subject’s consent or in circumstances such as our exercise or defense of legal claims or the protection of another person. Data Subjects may also have the right to request that we provide data portability for their Personal Data via a copy of the data in a commonly-used format and/or transfer their Personal Data directly to another data controller (where technically feasible). Exceptions to these rights may apply, for example, if the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest. Finally, if a Data Subject has given his or her consent to our processing of his or her Personal Data for certain purposes, he or she has the right to withdraw consent to such use at any time by contacting us via the contact information below.
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your Personal Data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, we may retain your Data for a reasonable amount of time for archival purposes. Furthermore, we may retain and continue to indefinitely use your Data contained in your communications to other Users or posted in public or semi-public areas of the Services.
Geographic Data Transfers
However, this does not change our commitments to safeguarding your privacy, and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to cross-border data disclosure of your Personal Data. Where required, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses with our third parties pursuant to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), and you may request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before disclosing any Personal Data.
Links to Third Party Sites
We do not sell products or services to anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Data without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 901.581.6636
By regular mail: 17 W. Pontotoc Ave Memphis TN 38103